We’ve written extensively on the importance of data when it comes to providing your agency with meaningful, quantitative insights and decision-making support. We’ve also invested heavily in our own software so that it offers the most intuitive, accurate reporting capabilities – so it’s as easy as possible to pull the information you need.
Data is no longer the domain of tech-minded companies; it is omnipresent, easier to use than ever before, and omni-useful. The ability to capture and use data is integral to any successful home care agency.
That’s why we’re thrilled to introduce a brand-new component to the AlayaCare toolkit.
Introducing AlayaCare’s all-new data exploration tool
Our team has built a brand new data exploration tool that’ll empower agencies to report on nearly any data stored within the platform – and adjust operations based on what the numbers are saying.
With this new tool, AlayaCare clients can not only report on data but easily create their own dashboards, calculations, and manipulate the information right within the software with the new feature. When it’s needed, the data can be exported and displayed in a variety of different visual formats for easy, at-a-glance insights.
Watch the teaser for our new data exploration tool below:
5 key areas driven by data
Although there are plenty of use-cases for data exploration in home care, we put together a list of the top five areas your organization should focus on if you want to take data exploration to the next level.
1. Delivering care to clients
Underpin your mission with data-rich reports that ensure each client receives the care they expect when they expect it. The essence of providing home care requires care continuity, proper scheduling, and skilled caregivers themselves, but there is intel available that can inform you if care is up to the level upon which your agency’s reputation is built.
Example reports include:
- Clock in/out accuracy: Understand how accurately your caregivers are documenting their start and end times for each shift and each client visit.
- ADL percentage completion: Activities of daily living are a vital tool to understand each client’s care needs. This metric ensures caregivers are consistently following visit requirements and performing necessary ADLs.
- Client vitals: Use remote patient monitoring to output reports to verify how clients are faring and to what extent their ideal outcomes are being achieved.
2. Business Operations
Gaining insights into how your business compares against other offices, the industry average, and more across key benchmarks can help visualize where efficiencies can be gained and improvements made. In short, you’ll see what is working well. By visualizing key metrics, it’s easy to ensure you’re increasing your revenue, maximizing resources, and streamlining operations.
Example Reports include:
- Client lifecycle: Gain a holistic view of your client’s life cycle with your agency.
- Weekly/monthly scheduled or projected hours: Are your caregivers receiving equal and/or preferred shifts? Quickly see projected hours and understand capacity.
- Scheduler utilization: Identify how many hours and visits your schedulers are creating and ensure that the quality of those schedules is high for your care staff and client outcomes.
- Client census/employee census: Increasing census and your circle of referral partners are imperative to growth. Determine where there are gaps efficiently and effectively.
- Under/over utilization of authorizations: Quickly identify clients who are not receiving their authorized hours and also proactively fix schedules of clients who may have exceeded authorized hours that will not be reimbursed.
3. Population Health
Population data is an essential component of healthcare research but it is also integral to your agency. Knowing the broad trends among your client roster, or groups of clients, helps you serve them better, helps them achieve greater wellness, and promotes a more equitable healthcare system. Understanding your client population allows you to better consider their social determinants of health, the non-medical elements contributing to someone’s health and wellness. Using data in this area helps you go above and beyond to reduce stress among clients, improve their mental health, reduce ER visits, and boost wellness and disease prevention.
Example reports include:
- Diagnosis by age range, gender, and geographic area: Better understand your clients’ basic demographics and care needs to serve your client population better. Seeing a spike in clients with dementia, increase in falls, or UTIs? Use these reports to take proactive approaches to reduce the risk of re-hospitalization, run specific training for your staff, and adjust care plan templates to serve your clients better.
- Care plan completion by diagnosis: Track how well weekly or monthly care plan goals are being met – and break it down further by health condition category to identify where greater client support is needed.
- COVID risk scores: Gauge your client population’s risk levels to COVID – and to any infectious disease that is either a consistent threat or spikes at certain times of the year such as the flu.
4. Employee Retention
With a 64% industry turnover in the U.S. alone and the average annual cost of churn at $4,500, keeping your employees happy is extremely important in an industry where competition to find and retain top talent is fierce. Our 2021 Home-Based Care Technology Survey revealed that a lack of hours was one of the top reasons for churn – and that, along with several other key insights can be easily monitored via our data exploration tool.
Example reports include:
- Employee onboarding lifecycle: How long has it been since you hired an employee vs. when they received their first shift? Leaving someone idle for too long is a recipe for churn.
- Employee cancellations/missed visits: While this is important to know from a client care standpoint, such a report also gives insight into how engaged a caregiver is with your agency.
- Employee expiring skills/qualifications: It’s key to stay on top of certifications for specialty care needs, such as dementia care, CPR, and more.
- Employee satisfaction levels: Via our retention dashboard, gain an important look at how your staff is faring, spot changing trends, get a step on possible churn.
- Capacity planning reports: How many caregivers do you have on staff, and how many will you need in six months, one year? This report can offer insights into your capacity and hiring needs.
5. Billing Reports
The wide variety of billing reports available with our data exploration tool can uncover actionable insights into your financial operations, which can in turn improve business processes, help you make informed decisions, and provide more personalized customer experiences. In fact, companies using analytics are five times more likely to make faster decisions.
Example reports include:
- AR reports: View unpaid invoice balances along with the duration for which they've been outstanding to easily stay on top of missing payments.
- Monthly/annual target billable hours: Are you meeting your targets each month? Catch potential issues before they become problems.
- Projected revenue: Understand where your revenue sources are coming from and forecast growth at-a-glance.
- Client/department profitability: How profitable are your various departments or locations? Gain an understanding of where inefficiencies may be.
- Margins Reports: Get creative with gross margin reports (complete with caregiver mileage and OT hours baked in) or a margin report for every visit in a particular day or month. Keep tabs on the details that are impacting the bottom line.
- Gross profit reports: Hone in on exactly how your agency is performing financially, minus all costs, in any time period you choose. Then compare periods to assess growth.
- Banked units: Do your regulators permit unit “banking” so half or quarter units aren’t lost? Our e-billing module can assemble fractional hours into whole ones. You can run a report to see how much your agency is gaining through this specific element.
Data is truly the foundation of an agency – a critical component that enables you to make smart, efficient decisions about your business. With a powerful tool like AlayaCare’s Data Exploration, you can unlock the limitless potential that can fuel the knowledge and insight necessary for growth and profitability.
Speak to an expert today and start leveraging the power of data exploration.