We're pleased to announce that we've simplified the mobile app login experience by launching Biometric Authentication on both iOS and Android devices! With this feature enabled, mobile app users can now sign in faster and more securely using their face or fingerprint instead of a password, significantly reducing the time it takes to log in or renew a session.
What is Biometric Authentication?
Biometric authentication is the ability of your phone to validate your login through biometric pressure sensors. In other words, your phone can use its fingerprint ID and face recognition features to verify who you are quickly and securely.
Now with AlayaCare’s mobile app, care providers can simply save their username and password, and use face or fingerprint ID to quickly log into the app! This simplifies the login process and makes it easier to log back into the app when a session expires.
How does it work?
Home care organizations can enable the Biometric Authentication feature at an organizational level by turning the feature flag on the web application. Once the setting is enabled, individual users will be prompted to configure the setting for their device the first time they log in. Available for both iOS and Android devices, users will be able to store their information and save time when they log into their AlayaCare account.
- If disabled in an organizational setting, employees will not be able to see or use the fingerprint ID and face recognition setting.
- The device and operating system of the user must support either fingerprint ID and face recognition technology.
- The terminology and options available to you will differ slightly based on whether you are using an Android or iOS device.
- Some devices may only support fingerprint ID. Please visit our support forum to find out what device types support either fingerprint ID and/or face recognition settings.
- Biometric Authentication is not available to organizations using SSO.
- Updating your password will not affect your biometric login settings.
Please visit our support forum if you would like step-by-step instructions on configuring Biometric Authentication.
What are the benefits?
- Better user experience: save time logging in and/or renewing a session
- Provides user autonomy: users can use either the enable the fingerprint ID/face recognition or continue with the username/password method if preferred
- Increased security: peace of mind for app users knowing they have an additional layer of sign-in protection with Biometric Authentication
If you’re interested in learning more about AlayaCare’s June product updates, watch the full release video below:
We recognize how important a functional, high-quality mobile experience is to the success of a caregiver's workday. Your feedback helps us continually improve our product and meet the evolving needs of our users. So, if you have additional product feedback, we want to hear from you! Visit the AlayaCare Ideas Forum to share your thoughts and suggestions on how we can improve our software to better serve your needs.