Thanksgiving: a well-earned occasion to celebrate with family and friends and reflect on all the good that we enjoy here in the United States. Unfortunately, for many home health-care workers, the care they provide can often be somewhat thankless.
AlayaCare is proud to support National Home Care and Hospice Month to recognize the thousands of care workers who give so much of their time and energy to make a real difference in the lives of patients. To these professionals, allow us to say: thank you.
In the course of awareness and appreciation, here are only a few eye-opening statistics that the National Association for Home Care and Hospice has broadcast this month:
- Home health providers travel an estimated 8 billion miles to deliver services to their patients.
- Home health visits can reduce the likelihood of hospital readmission by as much as 25 percent.
- Receiving home care is a safer alternative than nursing homes, hospitals or long-term care facilities – chances of infection are much lower.
- Home health aides are projected to be the third fastest-growing occupation in all industries, set to rise nearly 50 percent by 2026 from 2016 levels (via US Department of Labor).
- Approximately 12 million Americans require some form of home health care, and more than 33,000 home health care providers exist today.
- Ninety percent of Americans want to age in place, and home care is their preferred environment.
- Over one-third of those requiring in-home care are under the age of 60 – people who are disabled, live with chronic illness, or are undergoing rehabilitation.
At AlayaCare, we understand know how important it is to care for the caregivers in an organization. Our teams have seen first-hand the impact that technology can have not only on patient’s lives, but on workers’ lives too. From streamlined reporting, to the ability to self-schedule, to improved client matching, our software is built to make home health care workers’ lives easier too. We welcome other supportive companies into our AlayaSphere ecosystem, companies like Even that promotes financial well-being for care workers, a need we’ve predicted is imperative to address in 2020.
This Thanksgiving, let’s all take a moment to give thanks to the many unsung heroes who keep the fabric of this nation strong. From all of us at AlayaCare, THANK YOU to home care workers everywhere.