The number one challenge that all home and community care providers face is care worker shortage. Providers need solutions to allow them to deliver more care in the community with their existing resources by increasing utilization and efficiency.
Scheduling is a clear area where modern software can help an agency deliver more and better care with its existing resources. If schedulers -- who operate almost like air traffic controllers -- and caregivers are in coordinated sync, it can expand the number of clients the team can manage in a week. Technology that can optimize schedules and routes for caregivers on the road and increase communication to those working remotely can deliver huge efficiencies. This can be imperative for the caregiver experience.
AlayaCare recently launched our optimization algorithm that allows providers to create more efficient schedules and routes. On average, we’re finding up to 30 per cent reduction in travel time. While this capability alone has the potential to be transformative for the home care sector in a time where demand is outstripping supply, we paired this feature release with our new Shift Offer functionality to enable faster communication between office and caregivers regarding schedule changes and vacant visits.
Introducing AlayaCare Shift Offers
Utilize the new Shift Offer functionality to instantly inform caregivers of vacant visits/shifts via mobile messaging, allowing them to efficiently pick up additional shifts.
With this new scheduling feature, your agency can:
- Enhance real-time visibility and communication with field staff.
- Utilize secure broadcast shift offer messaging for last minute schedule changes or vacant visits.
- Broadcast email messages as a secondary channel for alerts.
- Send single visit or visit recurrence offers with an associated response due date.
- Send confirmation notifications to caregiver who accepts an offer with the relevant visit information.
- See individual responses from each caregiver the offer was sent to and assign one or all future visits.
Agency challenges and how AlayaCare Shift Offers solves them:
Access to schedule updates is limited due to paper processes or legacy solutions. Once the ideal schedule and routes are calculated, there is no way to update care workers in real time.
With AlayaCare, you can distribute schedules and shift offers directly to care providers via the AlayaCare Mobile App and via email. Care workers no longer have to sit by the phone for shifts they want and can accept and get confirmation in minutes.
Unfortunately, many factors can lead to missed visits including out-of-date schedules, caregivers are delayed due to traffic or other unforeseen circumstances, or current care plans aren’t available when and where caregivers need them. Visibility into staffing inefficiencies and analyzing capacity is also cumbersome without the right tools in place.
AlayaCare’s Shift Offer screen allows schedulers and coordinators to find the most suitable replacement employee in minutes with visibility into all vacant visits and recurrences, as well as a link to the Employee Finder from the Shift Offer tab.
Tip: You can also access the list of vacant visits or vacant recurrences from the Workforce management module.
(1) You can see the offer status for each vacant visits.
(2) You can filter the list of vacant visits by offer status.
(3) You can access the visit dialog with the offer details.
Offering shifts and coordinating care through phone calls can take quite a while. Care providers waste precious minutes trying to reach the office and could be left waiting for more shift details.
Through AlayaCare’s mobile app, Shift Offers come through in real-time and provide field staff with all the shift information they need to decide if they should accept or decline the offer.
(1) Offer information including
- Offer Status
- Offer Due Time
- Service Code
- Note from the offer
(2) Scheduling Information including
- Visit or Recurrence Information
- Link to view the offer in your schedule
(3) Service Location including
- City and Zip Code where the service will take place
- Map with:
- Orange icon representing the area where the service will take place
- Previous and next visit location on your schedule
All shift changes and offers need to be approved by a manager. This becomes difficult to track when done via word of mouth or paper processes.
AlayaCare gives you full visibility into the offers that went out, and the metrics associated so coordinators and schedulers have full transparency into schedule changes and provider data:
(1) You can check the Offer status (here expired because the Response Due Date is in the past).
(2) You can see the number of responses you received compared to the number of employees the offer was sent to.
(3) You can see the individual responses from each employee the offer was sent to.
You can hover on "Declined" responses to see the reason that was entered by the employee.
(4) Review the metrics of each employee.
Check out the AlayaCare Shift Offer feature
Whether your agency is currently operating on paper documentation or your working on a dated legacy solution, AlayaCare could be the solution you’ve been looking for.
Learn more about how AlayaCare’s Shift Offers and scheduling solution can drive your organization forward by clicking the link below.