Just as the home care industry grows – and AlayaCare itself grows to now more than 200 employees – so too does our signature annual event: Better Outcomes.
In beautiful Niagara Falls, we proudly welcomed more than 300 participants to our conference, as well as a record 12 exhibitors and sponsors. Clients from across Canada, the United States and even Australia helped create an atmosphere of discovery, sharing, optimism and fun.
On behalf of everyone at AlayaCare, thank you for making Better Outcomes 2019 a huge success. (And to help ensure we hit the mark next year, please take a moment to fill out our post-event survey.)
Highlights from Niagara, Sept 18-20:
School’s in: Our popular AlayaCare University returned for year two with 16 sessions tailored for a wide variety of users. Each session offered actionable insights so clients know how to make the most of AlayaCare’s features. Upon “graduation” we issued certifications and enjoyed cocktails!
Client key learnings: This year, we were fortunate to watch several clients including BAYADA, SE Health, Acclaim Health, Integracare, Home Instead and CBI Health Group deliver insightful presentations about their growth plans, experiences with technology, and innovative care models – including SE Health’s H.O.P.E. model of self-directed nurse-led teams.
5km run and Margaritaville – This year’s adventure around Niagara was the biggest it’s ever been! Thanks to all of our clients who came out for some fresh air and exercise – as well as to those who exercised their vocal cords at the lively karaoke session later that evening at Margaritaville, sponsored by Waystar. Always love the opportunity to work hard – and play hard – with our clients!
Award Winners! Each year we recognize our clients for both fun and inspiring achievements. Click here for a roundup of this year’s winners:
- Distance Travelled: For the client who travelled the farthest to attend Better Outcomes.
Winner: Care on Call
- CAB Contributor: For the most engaged member of our Customer Advisory Board.
- Innovation Partnership: For the client dedicated to finding new and innovative ways to improve outcomes.
- Angela Brewer Award: For the agency that continues to strive for innovation, operational excellence, best practice management and improved outcomes. (Named for the CEO of our very first client, Acclaim Health.)
- Fast Starter: For fastest implementation based on scale and timing in the past year.
Winner: SE Health
- Better Outcomes Award: For a commitment to improving health outcomes by employing innovative technology solutions.
- Data Wizard: For the client who is an absolute wizard with data migration and exploration.
- Friend of AlayaCare: For our biggest advocate and cheerleader, cheering our wins and dusting us off if we stumble.
- Care Worker Champions – presented by Nevvon: Nevvon recognizes the success of creating and implementing a dementia care focused program.
- Super User Extraordinaire: This award recognizes a user who intuitively mastered the software and who demonstrated outstanding leadership during implementation and beyond.
Winner: Lambton Elderly Outreach
- Into the AlayaSphere: This award honours a client who recognized the early potential of the AlayaSphere and has committed to leveraging the capabilities of our integrations and partnerships to their fullest.
- Implementation All-Star: The winner of this award is an organization that was always ready in advance for every configuration session, took ownership and drove the project forward with passion to a successful go live.
Winner: Independence at Home
AlayaCare uses leading-edge technology to help agencies deliver the best possible care so that their clients can live better at home and in their communities. To that end, we work with our customers to build the right path toward this mission, together. Each Better Outcomes event is a steppingstone toward our shared goals.
While the industry is evolving, our technology will help home care organizations not only provide their clients continuity of service, but also sustain the culture they want to create as a company and employer of choice. Scheduling technology, for instance, will not only enable efficient, personalized care but also boost caregiver satisfaction.
The delivery of home care is an ecosystem to be developed and sustained, an opportunity to unite with hospitals and health networks, software vendors and app providers, and novel start-up companies of all stripes. When it comes to technology, we have come so far in such a short period of time it will be remarkable to experience what comes next for our industry.
Coming up, we’ll host Better Outcomes Australia on October 11th and participate in 11 separate trade shows next month in Canada, US and Australia.
See you soon!